Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development for multiple platforms — including TV, digital and home entertainment — both domestically and internationally.
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks an Artist Manager/Recruiter for the WBA Main Production department. The Artist manager actively partners with Production and Studio Management to establish new processes, tools and infrastructure for the Artist Management department. They will Initiate new recruitment processes and work with Production to build the production and artistic teams for various projects at WB Animation. This role will work with Production and HR to forecast future resource needs to help us retain and grow our talent. Partners with Production to create a positive environment that promotes our company culture and growth opportunities for employees
• Helps ensure the strategic and timely staffing of all WBA projects. Creates and maintains schedules and headcount plans to manage staffing/production needs.
• Develops and maintains relationships with Hiring Managers to define and manage hiring expectations. Serves as liaison between artists, production and Studio management.
• Partners with Production Management to anticipate resource deficits or surpluses of man weeks by discipline and forecast downtime and/or recruitment needs. Helps identify creative solutions and resolve allocation conflicts. When emergencies arise, helps to find resources, internal and external to maintain schedules.
• Collaborates with Line Producers on the artist transitions between projects, ensuring timely information is communicated to the artist.
• Handles initial screening of portfolios and demo reels and facilitates follow up reviews with hiring teams/productions.
• Develops and maintains a database of candidates considered for each position, including feedback and candidate viability.
• Partners with production to identify areas of growth for artists/production. Supports ongoing artist assessments and helps create feedback mechanisms and development plans. Flags areas of risk for artist retention.
• Develops and maintains relationships with key school programs to source emerging talent.
• Attends industry events and recruiting opportunities as needed.
• Partners with HR to develop and implement an internship/trainee program.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• PC Skills: Must be computer literate.
• Exceptional interpersonal, listening, and communication skills.
• The ability to effectively communicate, influence, and partner with production management, creative talent, and studio management.
• Specialized knowledge of the animation production process, workflows, and familiarity with production environments.
• Ability to define and execute new processes and workflows and demonstrate strategic / out of the box thinking.
• Must have strong leadership qualities with the ability to mentor individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to build consensus as well as resolve conflict.
• Strong time management, organization skills and solid follow-through required.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic/ever-changing environment is required.
• Must be willing to travel if needed.
• Minimum 5+ years of artistic management or animation production experience preferred.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to prioritize, organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to establish priorities independently, multi-task efficiently, and work with diverse personalities and all levels of management in a fast-paced environment.
• General Office Environment.
• Computer, printer, 10-key adding machine, telephone, fax machine, photocopy machine.