TT Games Studios Limited, a division of WB Games Inc., are seeking to recruit a Performance Engineer.
The Performance Engineering Team work alongside designers, programmers, artists, animators and testers to help deliver high quality games on multiple platforms. This gives you the chance to be involved in the new engine from day one, influencing its design and implementation. On a daily basis, you may be expected to:
• Work with testers, programmers, animators, artists and designers to ensure level designs perform well across multiple hardware SKUs.
• Co-ordinate QA testing and automated testing to provide up-to-date performance/memory information to the game teams.
• Identify performance issues (CPU/GPU) with both code & assets.
• Develop/co-ordinate create solutions to performance issues.
• Provide advice/tools/training on performance and memory optimisations to other departments.
• Mentor Junior Performance Engineers.
The ideal candidates will have:
• Demonstrably strong talent for programming, and optimising code/assets.
• Experience optimizing both performance and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
• A good understanding of common engine bottlenecks including CPU/GPU performance and streaming/multithreading issues.
• Passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators and designers; supporting their developing day-to-day needs for profiling/optimising technologies and associated tools.
• A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
• Fluent in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
• Strong 3D maths and physics skills.
• A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.
• Demonstrable experience in the games industry.