For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Monolith Productions, Inc., a division of WB Games, seeks an Advanced Technical Designer, World for the Design department.
As An Advanced Technical Designer, you will be working closely with our design team, engineering team, and all other departments to develop systems, tools, and world game content.
An Advanced Technical Designer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and capable of turning a design specification from paper into a high-quality shippable game system.
You should be able to quickly familiarize yourself with an existing script base and be able to harness and improve on it, as well as provide a strong design sense and an ability to create compelling content that millions of fans will love.
• Create robust script systems and tools for yourself and other content creators; this could include Python, both Houdini and Maya, along with standalone scripts and internal proprietary tools.
• Prototype basic level layouts, including terrain/landscape editing; work with the Art and Design teams on how to evolve the design to meet each discipline’s goals and deadlines.
• Design high quality goals, workflows, and guidelines for all relevant content.
• Work in collaboration with artists and designers to ensure that playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other.
• Participate in research and optimization of content creation tools and workflows.
• Ensure the quality objectives are met and the elements that are produced are in line with the design vision for the game.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong foundational skills including composition, design and color theory.
• Advanced 3D skills using 3DS max, Maya, Mudbox or ZBrush.
• 1+ years of professional experience with Houdini.
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua, C# or equivalents) is a plus.
• Architecture background is a bonus.
• Possess a wealth of experience in modular level construction.
• Understanding of procedural art systems in games.
• Easy to work with, positive attitude, team-centered personality, an open mind to overcome setbacks, excited about solving problems that will create higher standards for the game.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating fundamental foundation art skills, modular constructions, procedural level design sensibilities and attention to detail.
• Willing to commit to the team in terms of time & effort given.