HBO is seeking a Marketing Analytics Analyst to help build insights to fuel marketing strategy and activation. The Marketing Analytics Analyst is an integral member of the Marketing Analytics team, providing critical support to various stake holders within the HBO Marketing organization. The candidate will be focused on building consumer insights to inform audiences and media insights that fuel campaign optimizations.
The successful candidate would have to be highly analytical, with a strong intellectual curiosity and be comfortable responding to and structuring ambiguous requests. You will also have a passion for querying databases in SQL or have comparable technical skills.
• Write SQL queries to extract necessary data, analyze the results to generate actionable insights and present the findings
• Design visualizations to convert complex data into visually digestible information to empower our broader marketing team
• Develop scalable and repeatable reports and playbooks/narratives for internal and external stakeholders
• Conduct in-depth evaluation of marketing programs to help derive insights and recommendations for future initiatives in a clear and easily digestible manner.
• Leverage HBO’s proprietary 1st party data to create innovative, custom analyses and tools to address business challenges
• Coordinate, plan and implement measurement solutions to help evaluate performance.
• Profile and generate consumer insights to inform marketing strategy and audiences
• Provide data/research support to client/planning teams
• Develop a thorough knowledge of data sources
• Proactively identify and interpret key drivers behind marketing and media performance, and deliver insights to channel owners to optimize efficiency of spend and performance of media as aligned with business goals
• Collaborate closely with the technology teams provide analysis, reporting and tool-building capabilities that inform our strategy
• 2+ years of experience in an analytics, finance, or consulting role
• Proficiency in query languages such as SQL, data mining tools a must.
• Experience analyzing data in SQL, SAS or other similar software
• Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Exceptionally strong analytical skills, with an ability to translate data into actionable insights.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Solid project management and organizations skills.
• Experience turning data into insights and presenting to internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation, statistical and data analysis skills
• Experience working with TV and digital media and 1st party data, a plus.
• Strong knowledge of attribution and control/exposed methodologies, a plus.
• Experience with customer level analytic techniques including attribution modelling, customer lifetime value using statistical methods (i.e. logistic regression, etc)
• Knowledge of 3rd party vendors and their measurement methodologies, a plus.
• Experience of working with agencies and a familiarity with the media agency landscape, a plus.