Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks an Advanced Narrative Designer to create and maintain the systems and workflows that will lead to high quality narrative experiences. The Advanced Narrative Designer is responsible for collaborating with the rest of the design team, audio team, writers, and engineers to ensure their systems are functional and meet with the needs of the design leadership. They are uniquely responsible for bridging gameplay logic with the voice over dialog that supports it. This position will also work with the QA and Playtest groups throughout development to address critical feedback and make sure their experiences play and perform as intended.
• Work collaboratively with designers, writers, and engineers to implement and maintain systems that can support complex procedural stories.
• Improve the workflow between designers and writers to create comprehensive scripts to support dynamic dialog content.
• Guide the recorded dialog pipeline alongside audio engineers to ensure all VO is integrated seamlessly.
• Create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to stakeholders across disciplines.
• Serve as the technical advocate for the writing team, ensuring they are provided with the tools required to achieve success.
• Serve as a liaison and facilitator between other designers and writers.
• Investigate and resolve game play issues identified by QA or team members during daily play through.
What do we require from you?
• 8+ years of game design experience required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with the structures of procedural interactive narratives required.
• Published writing experience preferred.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Passion for storytelling in all media, especially the fantasy genre.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.