Warner Bros. De Lane Lea provides world-class talent and facilities for dailies and post-production servicing feature films and high-end TV. Based in the heart of Soho, facilities include two 4K HDR Baselight X Grading Theatres, Flame Online suites, Digital Dailies facilities, Dark Fibre connectivity and a full Mastering and QC department.
The world-renowned Sound facilities include three networked Dubbing Theatres, in-house Sound Supervision and Editorial, ADR Facilities alongside a Café & fully licensed Bar and 46 Cutting Rooms. De Lane Lea also has additional facilities based at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden including a 50 seat 4K Screening Room, 4K VFX Review Theatre and In-Facility and On-Location Digital Dailies.
The state-of-the-art facilities and award-winning talent allow De Lane Lea to deliver TV and feature films to extraordinary levels of detail and creativity combined with an exceptional level of service.
Primary Purpose of the Job
As a Conform & Colour Assistant we are looking for someone who is multi-skilled, efficient, highly experienced and technically savvy. The candidate must be detail oriented, have a keen interest in colour grading, online editing, extremely detail oriented and quick to learn.
Typically, an assistant is required to multi-task, and depending on the phase of the project you may be doing anything from transcoding, archiving, loading/breaking down footage, EDL prep, file compressions/postings, to animating supers/titles, QC of masters, pre-colour work and more. The key responsibility is supporting the colourists and artists and prepping their projects to allow them to focus on creativity.
• A significant element of the job is management of data incoming (from shoots and Editorial), outgoing (to Broadcasters and Online Portals) and the backup, archive and restoring of projects as required. It will also involve delivery and acceptance of data files to and from VXF teams / vendors
• A large element of the role draws on knowledge of Editorial practice and edit systems e.g. Avid, ISIS, FCP, Premiere Pro, associated EDLs and how to manage files during import and export. Operation of these editing tools for basic tasks will be required from time to time. This will include digitising, syncing of rushes, media file creation, labelling, project restores and creating EDLs. This will also include delivery of final offline elements to Sound and VFX studios
• A significant element of the role is setting up projects for artists and assisting with exporting and rendering. This requires a good basic knowledge of Avid, Resolve, Baselight and Flame systems specifically to do Conforms, minor revisions / restripes, exports and troubleshooting. Knowledge of multiple instances with a common database for Resolve and Baselight
• Establish templates for transcoding and undertake transcoding tasks as required by artists and the production team
• Front line technical support for Content Handling which requires knowledge of video and audio systems (hardware and software) and videotape machine operation.
• Quality Checking of Masters and Master Files, so a knowledge of film delivery and broadcast standards is preferred. This checking is not just technical assessment but is also subjective assessment; looking for image artefacts that may not have been picked up in the final checks of a master by the Colourist or Flame artist.
• Workflow troubleshooting and reviewing of processes to ensure efficiency and where necessary recommend improvements
• To show a full understanding of tapeless workflows including RED, Alexa, 5D, Phantom, P2, XDCam, and more
• Must be familiar with digitizing, transcoding, logging, syncing and grouping
• Must have experience with EDL's, OMF/AAF's, various quicktime codecs, etc and have a working knowledge of frame rates, formats, and codecs
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Extensive experience as an Assistant Editor and/or Media Operator
• High level experience with Avid Media Composer, ISIS Storage systems, Baselight and Da Vinci Resolve
• Intermediate knowledge in FCP and Adobe Premiere Pro
• Good level knowledge of Flame and Adobe Creative Cloud
• Intermediate IT Skills with strong knowledge of Mac OS and (ideally) a basic knowledge of Linux
• Exposure to processes and etiquette around high end Television Drama and Feature Projects
• Strong sense of client service
• Outcome driven and highly efficient
• Ability to operate autonomously as well as a part of a team
• Ability to multitask and prioritise
• Highly energetic and people orientated
• Motivated to research and troubleshoot, providing opinions based on fact
• Attention to detail.
• Resilient, tenacious, flexible, diplomatic, committed with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to get involved
• Numerate with good basic level maths, able to remain accurate under stress
• Computer Literate and experienced using computer packages
• Familiarity with Conditions of Service, Contract of Employment, Health and Safety and their impact on staff.
• Understands the importance of Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden values, policies, procedures and guidelines, including Health & Safety guidelines