WUSA9, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a talented and qualified candidate for a full-time Temporary Studio Technician.
Qualified candidates will have experience with the following equipment and systems:
• Strong working knowledge of studio and location equipment including, but not limited to:
• Studio lighting equipment;
• Robotic studio cameras;
• Remote cameras
• Knowledge of Miranda Vertigo a plus.
• Experience with ENPS and Bit Central server systems also a plus.
• Directing experience in an automated control room a plus
Responsibilities of the Studio Technician include:
• Robotic Camera setup and operation for live newscasts, taped webcasts, cut-ins, local programs and commercial projects
• Audio board operation
• Ensuring effective interaction between the control room and studio
• And other assigned duties to include: Master Control, Live Shot Acquisition, Media Ingest.
Requirements of the position include:
• Five (5) years' experience in various aspects of television production preferred;
• A minimum of three (3) years' experience directing;
• Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers;
• Strong leadership and organizational skills;
• Knowledge of Metropolitan Washington, DC;
• personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and winning;
• Ability to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays.