I. Job Summary
The Social Media Editor manages the day-to-day posting plans and execution for AllRecipes, and other Meredith brands as assigned, engaging with our social audiences to drive engagement and grow scale.
The Social Media Editor:
• Develops cross-platform and platform-specific editorial calendar for social media.
• Determines content needs for social (video, live video, designed graphics, articles, recipes, etc.) and works with content and design teams to create.
• Works with marketing teams to create content for sponsored programs and social media promotion plan plans for sponsored content.
• Works with content teams to coordinate social media promotion plan for each piece of content created.
• Writes daily posts for and engages with followers on all AllRecipes’ social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Collaborates with print and digital teams to develop and oversee cross-channel social media programs.
• Collaborates with social media editors across the Meredith food vertical and Meredith digital on content sharing strategies and other partnerships. Supports other Meredith brands on social as needed.
• Builds network of bloggers and other social media influencers to create meaningful partnerships and content experiences for social audience.
• Monitors competitor’s social media presence and leverages best practices to make our presence competitive.
• Keeps editorial staff informed on social media best practices, competitor growth/activities and new opportunities.
• Develops category knowledge by attending conferences/webinars.
• Attends regular meetings and in-house training on site structure, web metrics, and marketing strategies.
II. Essential Job Functions
• 50% Writes daily posts for all social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Monitors user activity, engagement and referral traffic. Monitors and interprets stats and best practices for our social media execution.
• 20% Develops cross-platform and platform-specific editorial calendar for social media. Determines content needs for social (video, live video, designed graphics, articles, recipes etc.) and works with content and design teams to create. Works with content teams to coordinate and execute social media promotion plan for each piece of content created. Writes daily posts for and engages with followers on all our social platforms. Implements marketing sponsorships and content partnerships on all social channels.
• 20% Contributes to developing and executing a social media growth strategy. Works with digital growth team, editorial, product and GM to execute programs including partner, user generated content outreach programs.
• 10% Develops channel knowledge by attending conferences/webinars. Attends regular meetings and in-house training on site structure, web metrics, and marketing strategies. Helps keep staff informed on social media best practices, competitor growth/activities and new opportunities.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism/Communications, Marketing, English or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
• Minimum 3-4 years digital editorial and/or social media writing and strategy experience. Experience writing for digital and/or food media are a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and love of social media platforms, strategy and analytics is required.
• Exceptional writing and strong organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines and multitask at a fast pace.
• Basic HTML, Photoshop, Google Analytics SEO, and CMS skills are preferred.
• Energetic, well organized and proactive team player.
• % Travel Required (Approximate): 5-10%