I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Branded Content Writer will join a central team of writers and editors that create ecommerce content across many Meredith brands: Real Simple, People, InStyle, Shape, Travel + Leisure, Better Homes & Gardens, and more. This role is responsible for writing ecommerce branded content that is editorially on-brand and meets the clients’ requirements.
They will work directly with the Branded Content Editor and Campaign Managers and be responsible for writing all branded content that’s sold by the Ecommerce team. This person should be a skilled writer who has experience creating branded performance content in the ecommerce space and is able to adapt to numerous brand voices and styles. The content should be strong, editorially sound content that converts and engages consumers.
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Write all branded content articles for the ecommerce team
• Brainstorm editorial pitches for branded content campaigns
• Collaborate closely with the Campaign Managers, ensuring that all timelines and deliverables are met
• Build content into the CMS, handle photo production and create affiliate links
• Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide content decisions
• Attend branded content meetings
• Attend internal kick off calls to discuss upcoming campaigns
• Collaborate with ecommerce editorial writers and editors, and various members of the larger affiliate team
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
• 2 years experience a writer in the branded content, ecommerce, or editorial digital space.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A strong, quick writer demonstrating experience and interest in creating branded ecommerce content
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work within technical systems – content management systems (CMS)
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and matrixed organization
• Highly adaptable and quick to learn processes
• Knowledgeable about a wide variety of product categories including style, beauty, home, and more
• Familiar with the Meredith portfolio
• % Travel Required (Approximate): 0%