The Reno Gazette-Journal is currently seeking a full time, Assistant District Manager. Hours are graveyard, generally between 10pm-8am Mon-Sat and 10pm-11:30am Sunday. Employees must have flexible availability during these hours. All employees work Saturday night into Sunday morning. The Asst. District Manager works with District Managers in all aspects of our distribution footprint, which may include transportation, customer service, and redelivery operations.
In this role, you will:
• Help in the distribution of the Reno Gazette-Journal and other publications
• Provide for efficient and effective distribution of Reno Gazette-Journal and all other publications
• Maintain Quality control
• Maintain proper communication, reporting and relations with supervisor, employees, and independent contractors.
• Travel to areas to analyze service and sales
• Oversee all aspects of customer service
• EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent.
• EXPERIENCE: Circulation, transportation and dock operations experience helpful. Must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record and a reliable vehicle.
• SKILLS: MS Office proficiency. Good written and verbal skills. Good communication skills, work in fast paced environment, make quick and accurate decisions in stressful situations. Basic math skills
with ability to accurately count product.
• Knowledge of Reno/Sparks area is a plus!
• PHYSICAL ABILITY: Moderate lifting, 50 lbs.; stand long period of time, bending, reaching, carrying and lifting; repetitive motion; work in outdoor weather conditions.