45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Technical Broadcast Specialist is directly responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting transmission paths for 88 outbound Entertainment & News Satellite, Fiber, and IP delivered broadcast video networks. This position works in a 24 X 7 X 365 control room environment, requiring teamwork, focus, and the ability to work under pressure.
• Requires shift work to support a 24/7 environment. This includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Multiple opportunities available.
• Respond to stream health alarming for full-time and ad hoc content distributed to iStreamPlanet
• Implementation of system redundancies via a monitoring and control system
• Guided by standard operating procedures and policies, fully document all anomalies and outages
• Collaborate with various engineering groups and master controls as necessary
• 4-year degree in Engineering discipline or military communications background preferred not required; and/or 4-year experience in an operations or broadcast television environment or equivalent experience, preferred not required
• Prior experience with live traffic Satellite and fiber delivered video systems
• Must have a good understanding of signal flow, system design, and able to follow drawings
• Basic knowledge of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, J2k, multiplexes and conditional access
• Ability to work under pressure while maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to document scenarios and solutions
• Solutions oriented
• Willingness and openness to learn from, be led by, and to lead others