WATE in Knoxville,TN, a #DigitalFirst operation with a focus on delivering local content on a 24/7 basis across all platforms, is seeking a Digital Producer to join the digital team in the news department. The Digital Content Producer creates multimedia stories for online news platforms, social media and for television. The ideal candidate would be able to manage digital & social media platforms, create news content, and assist with video editing. Must be committed to winning breaking news.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, edit and publish content on digital platforms, including website, mobile app and social media
• Perform tasks with urgency, immediacy and accuracy
• Cast a wide net for content on both broadcast and digital, including searches of social media sites, public records and documents, and other sources
• Work irregular/odd hours and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
• Think strategically about growing our digital audiences and ways we can improve content choices
• Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services to new and emerging technologies
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in journalism, multi-media arts, communications, television production or another related field preferred.
• Ability to write thorough and accurate stories with compelling headlines
• Experience with web-publishing tools
• Strong editorial judgment, editorial ethics & knowledge of AP style
• Strong writing, communication, social media and people skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of SEO optimization & Wordpress preferred
• Knowledge of Knoxville and East Tennessee a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.