A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. The NPR audience values information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – and our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day, our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
NPR is looking for a Senior Recruiter with a strong understanding of media organizations and the emerging skills needed to be a journalist across media's multiple platforms (broadcast, digital, social media). You will source and hire NPR's next great storytellers; while providing exceptional levels of service and ensuring a positive candidate experience along the way.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced recruiter, resourceful, proactive, drive, creative, and extremely comfortable interacting and building relationships at all levels, inside and outside of NPR.
• Develop key talent communities by building relationships with strong talent in the marketplace. Source passive candidates through networking, direct sourcing, and employee referrals.
• Evaluate skill level, conduct efficient and professional interview process, and drive offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and negotiations, and closing of candidates.
• Communicate effectively with the hiring manager and interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process. Share and exchange information with all levels of management.
• Act as a candidate advocate and provide all candidates with an exceptional experience, maintaining open lines of communication throughout the process
• Propose and implement ongoing improvements to NPR’s recruitment efforts.
• Manage and track all candidate and recruiting metrics within ATS
• Suggest innovate ways to identify and engage new talent using social media and other means
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
• At least 7 years proven Recruiting experience in a fast paced environment, executing a variety of corporate searches for news and media organizations
• Strong business acumen and competitive market awareness
• The ability to build relationships and influence
• Knowledge and experience in a wide range of current recruiting policies, practices, and trends and the ability to grasp new technologies.
• Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide strong consultative skills throughout the search process.
• Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands.