Seek truth. Break news. Hold the powerful accountable. That's the mission of CNN's investigative team. We dig into topics of national interest, including criminal and social justice issues, the environment, health care, public and private corporations, government integrity, and border and immigration matters. We produce investigations for digital and broadcast. We tell original stories that have helped prompt change and right wrongs. Our stories can be in-depth projects that take months to pursue, but they can also be quick-turn investigations or enterprise pieces that emerge from the news. The right candidate for this job will be equally adept at covering high-pressure, rapidly unfolding news events and diving into in-depth, complex investigations. We're looking for a reporter well versed in public records and creative in finding solutions to reporting obstacles. The position requires an energetic, self-sufficient multitasker who is eager to work collaboratively. This reporter should be skilled in developing strong story pitches and managing projects efficiently. Above all, the job requires a critical eye and uncompromising commitment to facts, fairness and integrity. We are eager to consider candidates from a wide range of backgrounds within news reporting. Our team is based in multiple cities. We prefer reporters to be located in our New York, Washington D.C., Atlanta, or Los Angeles bureaus, but remote work may be possible for the right candidate.
What do we need from you?
• The ability to find, report and produce groundbreaking stories that advance the mission of our unit
• The skills and willingness to switch gears between high-adrenaline breaking news and long-term, in-depth pursuits
• Commitment to accuracy, fairness and integrity above all else
• Ability to manage time and resources wisely
• Ability to travel
• Flexibility and willingness to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• BA/BS in related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 4+ years of editorial experience