Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
The Senior Outsourcing Artist, World is responsible for working with external outsource partners in creation and integration of World Art content. This person will work closely with the Art Manager, World and the Director of Art to ensure the aesthetic quality is kept at the highest bar across all content creation. The individual will prepare tasks, review assets, provide feedback, integrate content for use in game, and refine assets as needed. The Senior Outsourcing Artist, World will be well versed in industry game engines, industry standard art tools, and will be responsible for coordinating with internal and external teams in the completion of high quality environment content. Additionally, this person is responsible for creating realistic props and environments when needed, as well as researching, developing, and recommending new art tech and processes that pushes the studio’s quality bar forward.
• Work closely with Art, Design and Tech Art leadership to understand and execute on visual, game play and technical goals and expectations of project.
• Prepare tasks and documentation for external outsource partners.
• Review content to ensure consistency and highest level quality of content. Provide written, visual and/or verbal artistic and technical feedback. Integrate content for use in game. Polish, refine content as needed.
• Track progress and pro-actively communicate status of tasks. Coordinate and participate in meetings and content reviews.
• Create high quality environment content for game as needed.
What do we require from you?
• BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
• At least 5+ years experience in the industry.
• At least 3 published games preferably with at least one Xbox One or PS4 title.
• At least 1 published game while working in a similar role.
• Experience with AAA open world game development a plus.
• At least 5+ years experience with industry standard 3D package (3DS Max and/or Maya) – Max preferred.
• At least 3+ years experience with ZBrush.
• At least 5+ years experience with Photoshop and/or Painter.
• At least 1+ years working within PBR pipelines.
• Solid understanding of Substance Painter and Designer.
• Highly experienced and proficient in working with outsourcing partners towards the creation of high quality World Art assets that meet metrics and technical requirements.
• Outstanding communication skills with ability to clearly articulate ideas both written and verbally.
• Exceptional self-management and can accurately predict and adhere to task length estimates and deadlines.
• Excellent foundational knowledge of art fundamentals including color theory, composition, internal/external silhouette, and value structures.
• Extremely organized, demonstrates adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
• Excellent understanding of art pipelines with experience in development for Xbox One and/or PS4.
• Excellent high and low resolution modeling and sculpting skills.
• Excellent understanding of geology, rock formations, terrain, and foliage.
• Excellent understanding of a variety of architectural styles with the ability to apply knowledge from historical references.
• Strong understanding of new-gen shader technology with the ability to create a wide range of highly realistic materials.
• Must be able to embrace the established art vision of the game and ensure it is delivered in its entirety at the end of the project.
• Experience creating environments using modular systems.
• Ability to adapt rapidly to new or changing technology with an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the environment art creation and outsource pipelines.
• Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
• Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the project to the next level.
• Exhibits a positive, professional, team-oriented attitude.
• Experience with Shotgun a plus.
• Experience with SpeedTree a plus.
• Experience with Photogrammetry a plus.
• Portfolio/website/reel demonstrating fundamental foundation art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.