Job ID 678439BR
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The position will report to the Vice President, Labor Relations Counsel and will support the Fox and ABC companies’ network, basic cable television, and new media productions throughout the United States and Canada.
• Handling labor arbitrations or other legal proceedings such as NLRB matters
• Investigating and addressing grievances brought by unions and guilds
• Analyzing collective bargaining agreements and advising production, finance, distribution, publicity/marketing, creative, and business/legal affairs colleagues on the terms of a wide range of entertainment industry agreements
• Assisting in the negotiation of both single and multi-employer collective bargaining agreements on behalf of the Fox companies, including developing negotiation strategies and preparing proposals for negotiations
• Collecting and analyzing information, for example regarding company practices and the financial impact of various contract terms for use in review of current contract provisions and proposed changes
• Monitoring implementation of negotiated contract terms (for example concerning wages, hours, and working conditions) to ensure compliance with terms of labor agreements
• Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the various industry labor organizations
• 3+ years of relevant litigation, labor relations or business/legal affairs experience strongly preferred.
• Must have strong analytical abilities, strategic thought, excellent communication skills, the ability to analyze financial data, and the ability to work variable hours and travel as required.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive working relationships with clients and colleagues, including all levels of management, unions and guilds,
• Proven team orientation and ability to work independently and manage competing priorities, yet seek guidance when appropriate.
• Experience working in entertainment and/or broadcast industry and interactions with industry unions and guilds preferred.
• Requires excellent academic credentials, a JD degree, and current State Bar membership.
• California Bar membership preferred.