Cox Media Group Atlanta is looking for an exceptional on-air talent to co-host morning on our Urban AC - Kiss 104.1 (WALR). The ideal candidate will live and breathe the Urban AC format / lifestyle and must generate terrific content on air and on social that speaks to our audience. The candidate should excel in all areas of social media / digital including Facebook, Instagram etc. The morning co-host will be compelling, talented, professional and understand how to create great radio in a PPM-friendly environment.
Applicants should have at least five years of on air experience, understand PPM audience measurement, FCC rules and regulations, and will have the proven ability to work hand-in-hand with the sales, promotions, digital and production departments.
• Work with morning show talent to execute an entertaining and engaging live and local morning show on Kiss 104.1.
• Create compelling social media and digital content for the station's various channels (Facebook, Instagram, app, website etc.)
• Contribute content to morning show prep
• Repurpose content for social media, website
• Gather information, prepare and deliver hourly news updates on-air each morning
• Act as a brand ambassador for Kiss 104.1 in the community - appearing at various events for the programming and sales departments.
• Assist the program director with various tasks including music scheduling, writing imaging, copywriting etc.
• Prefer 5 years of on-air experience with at least 3 years' experience in a top 50 PPM market.
• Track record of PPM / Urban radio ratings success.
• Proven ability to engage with listeners on social media.
• Proven ability to work well with the sales department and clients helping to drive revenue through excellent personal appearances and commercial endorsements.
• Experience voicing and creating commercial production.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Some experience writing and delivering news, sports, and weather.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills for audio delivery and automations systems, such as WideOrbit, Adobe Audition etc.
• Extensive digital experience with station web sites, social media, and mobile.
• Available as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays.