Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Fox26 News/KMPH-TV, in Fresno, CA, seeks an experienced news anchor for its top-rated 10:00 p.m. newscasts and for its nightly 7:00 p.m., Pacific, newscasts for KPTM Fox42, our sister station in the Omaha, NE market. If you're selected you'll enjoy a true "team" workplace atmosphere where support, encouragement, and coaching are part of our DNA. Strong "in-the-field and live" skills are also essential. You must also be an exceptional news writer who uses a strong conversational writing style, and have strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation.
Fresno is the country's 35th-largest city, and is the fifth biggest in California. We are a few-minutes from the front gate of Yosemite National Park, and a short drive from the Pacific Ocean and all of the attractions in Los Angeles and the Bay area. Fresno offers a high quality of life, and is one of California's least expensive cities in which to live. The area has a strong "family" focus.
• A strong and polished anchor to compliment an established anchor on the existing 10:00 pm newscast
• Actively participate in newsroom editorial meetings
• Recognize and embrace an anchor's newsroom leadership responsibilities
• Support and encourage a staff of talented reporters and other TV news professionals
• A minimum of five-years (5) of experience in a network-affiliate TV news operation
• At least two (2) years working as a main news anchor
• A "franchise" report, selected through consultation with the News Director, is required
• Experience anchoring off of a traditional news set preferred