NBC News is seeking a NABET camera person to assist with our daily newsgathering operations and special projects. This candidate will be expected to perform multiple field technical duties, including field editing and multi-camera remote productions. One-person crew operations (video/sound) will also be required. A successful candidate must be a clear thinker and effective leader.
• Deploy, operate and maintain cameras, along with batteries and chargers
• Deploy, operate and maintain digital satellite laptop IP systems in both urban and rural settings worldwide.
• Deploy, operate and maintain compliment of portable lighting equipment to include LED, Incandescent, and fluorescent fixtures, stands, extension arms, silks, scrims and flags.
• Design, plan, implement and manage the appropriate technical infrastructures at remote television productions consistent with budgetary guidelines.
This is a NABET position. Candidate must be willing to join NABET if not already a member
• Must have 5-years major market experience in shooting news and feature programming productions
• Must have experience in satellite telephone operation, store and forward video, and live field production operations
• Strong NLE skills necessary in both field situation and bureau work.
• Previous ability to accurately assess risk levels in remote locations and establish sound safety parameters for all new personnel operating there.
• Previous experience in the operation of SD and HD digital camcorders, portable lighting systems, RF audio system operation and sound mixing required.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to travel, often times with short notice. This may also include travel overseas to areas of hostile conflict.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
• Someone with creativity, demonstrated leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Can work independently and react quickly to challenging situations, using good news judgment
• Previous experience with a stedicam and/or jimmy-jib is preferable, but not required.