Under the general direction of the Payroll Supervisor, coordinates the processing of multiple payrolls with more than 15,000 employees. Coordinates team workload and assists with performance feedback. Responsible for completing bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes bi-weekly payroll multi-state, union employee base.
• Conducts various payroll reconciliations and troubleshoots any issues that arise.
• Provides direction and assistance to department staff regarding payroll processes.
• Assist in coordinating workload of the Payroll department. Monitors staff workload based on input from individual specialists and gives recommendations to supervisor for final decisions on actual adjustments to workload.
• Monitors and updates payroll department/process procedures and contributes to development of companywide payroll related policies and procedures.
• Uses computer and various software programs to input, maintain, research, and retrieve information. Participates in changes to the HR/Payroll system by assisting the Payroll Supervisor and Manager with testing.
• Coordinates, develops and maintains written documentation regarding payroll procedures and processes necessary for reference and training materials.
• In the absence of the Payroll Supervisor, coordinates the daily payroll activities and functions to ensure smooth operations.
• Trains new payroll staff as well as providing maintenance training to existing specialists.
• Provides backup to payroll specialists as needed.
• Performs other related duties or projects as assigned.
• 4-7 years payroll processing multi-state with 1-2 years of lead experience
• Proficient Microsoft Office (Excel)
• Understanding of US payroll and tax rules and regulations Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic accounting principles
• Ceridian’s Dayforce Workforce Management and Payroll application
• FPC or CPP Designation
• Able to effectively and accurately communicate both in writing and verbally Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong time management, problem solving and decision making abilities
• Able to analyze and interpret data for accuracy Lead, train, and coordinate work of others