WB Games Boston seeks an experienced Master Software Engineer/Architect to join the engineering team in our Needham, MA development studio. In this position, you will have a hands-on role in architecting and implementing key game systems and features for our mobile title Game of Thrones: Conquest as well as future titles.
This position requires expert knowledge of the entire game development ecosystem, from game client and server infrastructure, to tools and pipelines. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall technical architecture for the game client and/or server. You must be passionate about mobile games development and have previously shipped AAA mobile or console titles and/or massively multiplayer online games.
What part will you play?
• Lead and participate in architecture discussions for development of new game systems.
• Improve performance, scalability, reliability and measurability of our games.
• Assist engineering project teams at critical points in production with hands-on support and optimization.
• Help establish and enforce best practices in architecture, coding style and code reviews.
• Stay current on cutting-edge research and technologies, recommend new tools & techniques.
• Address technical challenges and reduce technical debt as required.
What do we require from you?
• 10+ years of experience in software engineering, with at least 2 years in a lead architect or technical leadership role.
• In depth knowledge of Unity3D, specifically for mobile game development.
• A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming and software design.
• Extensive knowledge in a broad range of software engineering areas with a mastery in at least one area (graphics, networking, UI/UX, etc).
• Expert knowledge in C#, C++, and/or Java.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with multiple 3D engines (Unity, Unreal, proprietary, etc...).
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs and microservices.
• Passionate about optimization and pushing the limits on mobile gaming.
• Experience developing games as a service (GAAS).