Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera.
The division’s successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent. .
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Designer for the Creative/PD & PA department. This designer position will develop product concepts for Parks and Themed Entertainment, Core, Flagship Retail and E-Com. Product approval for all business segments. Able to execute design assignments specific to the design of all category, research illustrations, graphics and product trends/product development.
• Responsible for concept development for business segments listed above. Translating Warner Bros. story telling into design and graphics.
• Interpret current trends into design programs to ensure product is relevant to consumer. Executes current and trend right design programs from concept to finish.
• Understands elements of product design, print and pattern development, color, and typography.
• Follow best practices implemented and shared across all areas.
• Work closely with product managers to produce fresh, compelling designs that meet the business needs.
• Follow best practices, implemented and shared across all areas.
• Understand technical aspects of construction of products and components in regard to design and development.
What do we require from you?
• BA, BFA or 2 years Technical College in a design discipline.
• 3-5 years’ experience in product design.
• Knowledge/awareness of competitive businesses.
• Advanced skills working with Illustrator and Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Additional computer skills, include InDesign, Word, Excel and Power Point/Keynote.
• Licensing business model experience is a plus.
• Availability to travel.