Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games is looking to expand its Technical Art group with an Advanced Technical Artist focused on Open World Pipelines. Join the award winning team in creating brand new open worlds with our proprietary Firebird Engine technology. This role has a focus on pipeline, content construction and best practices for streaming and LOD systems focused on world constructions. The Advanced Technical Artist would work with the technical directors to help build the infrastructure to create our environments.
• Working with the World Content teams on expanding and optimizing workflows.
• Support of World Construction Content workflows.
• Generation of content for the world construction team.
What do we require from you?
• Possesses expert knowledge of art composition principles such as color theory, layout, architecture, anatomy, physiology, perspective, proportion, form, lighting, texture, etc.
• Unsurpassed understanding of the content creation pipeline from design to implementation in the game engine. In depth understanding of Mesh generation, procedural content creation, surfacing, streaming, and LOD generation. Uses expert knowledge to establish vision within their area of ownership. Able to break down vision and provide standards and guidelines for team members.
• Applies top of industry expertise in creating complex technical and/or visual game content and systems which respect game performance and engine integration constraints. Expert with open world asset management, content optimization, and performance metrics. Comfortable with scripting to streamline processes or create new systems (e.g. terrain) for the game. Works effectively across disciplines to analyze and solve the most complex and broad-reaching issues for the studio.
• Expert at researching, prototyping and creating new shaders, systems, pipelines, etc. Uses expert knowledge to assess feasibility, schedule, performance, etc. of new tools and systems. Establishes top of industry standards and develops effective integration plans with other disciplines or groups. Able to identify, implement and/or create industry leading best practices.
• Creates exceptional technical and functional specifications.
• Able to carry out the most complex tasks and produce work with an unsurpassed level of quality and efficiency without oversight.
• Is an expert with all relevant art and animation software suites. Demonstrates unsurpassed understanding of the mechanics of the art and animation software used in the studio and the relationship between the software and the engine.
• Expert level proficiency with multiple scripting and coding languages. Expert at creating highly complex systems to improve art and animation pipelines. Maintains an unparalleled understanding of existing proprietary software and tools through examination and analysis.
• Incomparable knowledge of applicable game engine and how it processes, blends and renders animations. Develops the most complex models and systems in the game engine and ensures fully-optimized in-game functionality.
• Ability to establish project taxonomy, file formats, naming conventions and source control parameters.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating your technical skills.
• 10 years’ experience in the industry.
• Contributed to several game titles that are recognized as having reached significant critical and/or commercial success.