A+E’s Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We’ve reinvented the way A+E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We’ve modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our “Technology Code”, we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A+E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE: Director of IT Service Management (ITSM)
The Global Technology Services team at A+E Networks is dedicated to delivering excellence from infrastructure operations and engineering to the QA practice. We partner with the business and fellow technologists to ensure best-of-class solutions and services that can make a real impact on business success.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Director of IT Service Management (ITSM), reporting to the VP, Global Technology Services, provides the vision, thought leadership, governance and continuous improvement of all ITIL processes across Technology. As the Director of ITSM, you will be accountable for ensuring that all ITIL processes are understood and consistently adhered to and executed by product/service owners throughout Technology. Most critical is understanding A+E culture and mapping the ITIL framework to create a practice that is relevant and appropriate. The ultimate goal is to bring efficiency and at all times elevate the customer experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
This role is accountable for the definition, promotion, and governance of ITIL processes as well as driving implementation, adoption, and continuous improvement across the organization. This role must represent the processes to the business, Technology, and all Service Providers and is accountable for process performance across the enterprise including the identification and execution of specific improvement programs.
• Define and document in-scope processes, working with stakeholders across Technology and the business, and adapt the ITIL framework accordingly
• Drive establishment of SLAs across multiple functions and business units and oversee Continuous Service Improvement and execution when required for in-scope processes
• Act as the point of escalation for each ITIL process within the organization, including Technology, Service Providers, and Business Partners
• Define Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the processes
• Track process performance across Technology and communicate outcomes through dashboards and regular Management Review meetings
• Provide a comprehensive view of demand for processes factoring in all enhancements and development, and create reports at the detailed and aggregate levels for leadership
• Participate in process ownership governance activities and meetings to ensure effective process management and adoption across the organization
• Manage all exceptions to process looking for opportunities to remediate and prevent recurrence
• Own the definition of requirements and partner with the Service Management platform team to enable processes via ServiceNow
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to gain experience across a wide array of technologies, applications and business functions. In addition, you’ll partner with a strong team of technologists & engineers that deeply care for our business and are eager to deliver key business value as part of a world-class, global, and service-oriented organization.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as business management, computer science, etc.
• More than five years of experience in one of the following fields: information technology, business administration, or higher education
• Is a persuasive and effective communicator with the ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders and with experience presenting the business side of technical topics to non-technical audiences
• Experience with executing complex organizational change management programs
• Experience using and defining workflows in ServiceNow or equivalent ticket management tools
• Experience with Incident/Request/Problem/Change/Configuration/Knowledge management
• Working experience and knowledge of end-to-end software and systems solution delivery from conception through design, development and transition into production operations and maintenance.
• Strong verbal and writing skills with ability to effectively communicate with peers and executive leadership
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understands service delivery when the service is constructed of multiple sub-services provided by multiple suppliers. e.g. Cloud (public, private, & hybrid)
• Understands Agile/Lean leadership principles
• Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as business management, computer science, etc.
• Five or more years of experience in a management or leadership role within Technology
• ITIL V3 Certification
• ServiceNow certification as a System Administrator or micro-certification in a ServiceNow module/function
• Demonstrated ability to enact change across an organization in the absence of a direct reporting relationship
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion and facilitate consensus across key personnel in Technology
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task and strong problem resolution skills. Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment where needs and priorities can change with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders as well as end users
• Experience with Service Management in a multi-sourced environment
• Knowledge of business and technology trends for Service Management
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.