LA Galaxy Amateur Soccer Sales Associates will help nurture relationships with the soccer community. They are responsible for supporting the Amateur Soccer Sales team by generating new fan relationships and maximizing current business by attending events in greater Los Angeles and calling prospective clients.
Ultimately each Amateur Soccer Sales Associate will be responsible for increasing the Amateur Soccer ticket sales portfolio by providing our fans with a level of service that is of the highest standard. By generating new relationships in the community, we are supporting the growth of soccer in Southern California, providing soccer organizations, teams, and families with opportunities to interact with Galaxy players and staff and a second-to-none experience at LA Galaxy games.
The Amateur Soccer Sales Associate will be trained in all aspects of ticket sales and service. Associates will have monthly goals based around events, outbound calls and ticket sales revenue generation.
• Attend events in local soccer community that include registrations, coach and team parent meetings, practice days, opening days, tournaments, etc. Each event is an opportunity to sell tickets, capture data as well as build relationship with the local soccer community.
• Take part in ticket sales and service training to become proficient at making outbound calls as well as attending events
• Provide updates from weekly events that include leads, sales progress, and event notes
• Utilize Customer Retention Management system to track and report progress of relationships with all clients
• Take part in department-wide outbound call campaigns
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred)
• 1 - 2 years of related work experience
• A desire to help set the standard for client experience and retention departments in the sports industry
• Genuinely excited about providing an outstanding level of customer service
• Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic
• Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team-oriented with a proactive positive attitude
• Unquestionable integrity
• Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proven to be reliable, diligent, self-motivated and dedicated
• Ability to reason and problem solve. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make independent decisions, and exercise independent judgment and discretion
• Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Compliance with organizational directives
• Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet use, and other basic computer usage
• Familiarity with basic tenets of sales and customer service
• Bilingual English and Spanish a plus
• Grooming – employee must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Good hygiene & professional appearance required. Business attire in office and during events. Employees may be required to wear Galaxy attire (to be provided) when representing the Galaxy in public.
• Work Environment – at times the noise level may be loud.
This position is a critical one for the Galaxy ticket sales & service department and therefore for the entire organization. The ideal candidate brings enthusiasm, a team first attitude, the ability to perform one’s core functions with the highest quality while proactively seeking new ways to improve our organization’s interactions with fans, and the desire to make fans’ experiences with the Galaxy positive and memorable.