The IT Support Technician will be responsible for the administration of the company’s Information Technology systems and infrastructure in the Hartford, New Haven, CT & Albany, NY markets. This position focuses on 24/7 support of server based RCS NexGen automation systems for both terrestrial and online stations, as well as support for all business computer systems, phone system, access control system, software, printers, and file servers.
• Monitor and update local trouble tickets through the company Service Now ticketing system in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
• Maintain access control system which includes badge creation, assigning access groups, badge printing, etc.
• Operational support for in place Active Directory covering 100+ users, workstation objects, printers, distribution lists and security groups.
• Implementation, integration, maintenance support, and security for the company LAN and Wi-Fi networks.
• Desktop and Mobile support for the local staff.
• Assist with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, software, and audio visual equipment.
• Day to day operation of the building VoIP telecom systems, using Cisco phones and AT&T UC Central Management System.
• Responsible for adding, moving and changing phone extensions, names, passwords, and services to support that infrastructure.
• Planning and budgeting for hardware and software upgrades though corporate channels and capital expenditure processes.
• Implementing large scale hardware and software roll-outs to support the sales and broadcast programming departments
• Creating and maintaining network, desktop, hardware and software documentation.
• Creating, maintaining, and updating the company’s local SharePoint site.
• Responsible for managing the company’s data storage needs and backup procedures.
• Track, record and respond to requests for IT technical support. Technical support will include workstation hardware, application and collaboration software and mobile devices utilizing Windows and Apple operating systems.
• Deploy PC software fixes, patches, updates for Windows and Apple devices.
• Lead and assist with root cause analysis as it relates to desktop computers and all peripheral devices.
• Support IT special projects, office moves, data recovery, imaging computers, installing cabling, hardware and software testing etc.
• Research and implementation of hardware and software changes to further the advancement of the company’s technological superiority in the Radio Broadcast industry.
• Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email (Exchange) servers and audio/visual conferencing systems, applications servers and administrative systems.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ hands-on experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting laptops, PCs, peripherals and business critical applications
• Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication
• Must be detailed oriented with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule as needed and support 24/7 on call schedule
• Experience supporting Audio Visual systems, such as projectors and teleconferencing equipment, and boardroom/conference room support
• Experience upgrading PC memory, hard drive swap, data transfer, etc
• Experience supporting mobile devices utilizing iOS and Android operating systems
• Must possess a valid state driver's license and have an excellent driving record
• Must be able to climb ladders and lift 50 pounds
• Associates Degree and/or other intermediate/advanced IT Certifications, or minimum 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Radio background a plus.