The Senior Producer, Newsource Digital is the manager of day-to-day operations for the Newsource Digital team. This person will oversee the curation and timely production and delivery of all digital products, i.e. wire, images and video affiliate network content. This position will utilize analytical resources such as: Chartbeat, Omniture, Crowdtangle, etc. to provide real-time editorial guidance and allocation of resources and staffing.
S/he will collaborate with the CNN Digital editorial, video and social teams, International Newsource, Newsource newsgathering, the NCC and bureaus worldwide to provide valuable digital content to our affiliate partners.
This person will work closely with the Newsource Live and Production teams on story coverage, live streams and content creation.
Additionally, this position will oversee the publishing of the "Around The Nation" section of the U.S. page on CNN.com and newsgathering from our digital affiliate partners to populate the regional category of the CNN Wires.
This role will work closely with internal partners like, RACI, The Row and Legal to ensure content has been properly vetted and cleared for editorial usage and distribution without issue.
Helping to manage affiliate relations is a critical part of this role. This includes addressing affiliate inquiries and issues in a timely fashion as well as collaborating with the Newsource Sales team to ensure contractual obligations are met.
S/he will report to the Senior Director of Digital and U.S. Affiliate Services and is expected to contribute to the growth of the Newsource Digital business.
Responsible for executing the daily editorial programming strategy and serving as a leader in the newsroom:
• Utilizing metrics to inform changes or adjustments in real time
• Ensuring proper promotion of products and enhanced engagement with digital clients via Social media, email communications, NS portal alerts, etc.
• Consistent, real time collaboration with CNN Digital managers, Newsource Operations managers, and Newsgathering managers to ensure curation, creation and timely delivery of unique and relevant digital content.
• Overseeing newsgathering of regional content and identifying and alerting other CNN platforms to viral and/or trending content that may be of interest.
• Become proficient with current technology used to obtain metrics (ex: Chartbeat, Omniture, etc...) and to distribute content (I.e. MediaGrid, CMS, Newsource Portal, Bitcentral, VAN Admin, MPX, etc...) to the multi-platform clients.
• Collaborate with the Newsource Operations Manager and Director of Operations to prevent and/or troubleshoot and quickly resolve technology issues. Provide training for staff on new technology or workflow changes.
• Offers real-time leadership, coaching and support of staff. Exemplifies first class customer service to our affiliate partners. Works closely with Newsource Sales and the Senior Director of Digital and U.S. Affiliate Services to identify unique content partners such as ViralHog and Storyful to cultivate and grow those relationships.
• Handles staff schedules and oversees the daily workflow of the Newsource Digital team.
• Executes the business strategy defined by the Senior Director of Digital and U.S. Affiliate Services and other business stakeholders.
• Assigns resources based on daily coverage needs. Plans coverage of major news events and breaking news. This position has direct reports and will handle performance feedback.
• 3+ years in people management.
• 3+ years producing / publishing digital content via CMS.
• Proficient with analytical tools such as Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics.
• Proven results in social media production and publishing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience at a local station or in the affiliate service business.
• Demonstrated business knowledge and ability to collaborate.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or like field of study.