Successful candidates should have a familiarity with radio broadcast operations including maintenance of broadcast automation and studio equipment, Transmitter RF equipment, directional AM antenna systems and computer/IT skills. Successful applicant would be responsible for all aspects of a large market operation.
iHeartMedia New Orleans operates 5 FM and 2 AM stations and all the FM stations include HD Radio. We also operate one FM translator and other translators may be added in the future.
• Maintains overall digital broadcasting electronic systems and related equipment for optimum transmission/broadcast performance
• Maintains traditional radio and digital broadcasting electronic systems and equipment used to ensure optimum transmission and/or broadcast performance including electromechanical equipment such as switchers, consoles, transmitters, transceivers, and radio/voice modems.
• Responds to equipment outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems.
• Conducts diagnostic testing, repair and replacement activities.
• Provides broadcastengineering solutions and services in the design, development, modification, implementation, and maintenance of cost-effective infrastructure.
• Documents equipment maintenance, repair, and replacements.
• Decides test equipment, parts, and related tools needed for use in maintenance and repair.
• May have responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of company-owned facilities, buildings, and transmitters.