Have you negotiated a high volume of complex contracts? Are you used to working with client-facing teams? We’re looking for a creative problem-solver who’s cool under pressure to join our team as a Counsel - Contracting, Technology, where you’ll provide commercial contracting support and legal counsel for various business teams throughout the organization. In this role, you’ll be working with name brand, global vendors, partners and customers to help us negotiate complex, SaaS agreements and other contracts. You’ll negotiate issues relating to data privacy and security matters, provide legal and contract support for our extensive vendor marketplace, and help us negotiate strategic partnerships. To succeed, you’ll need to be able to expertly identify nuanced legal issues with an eye to our business needs, and devise ways for the business to forge ahead when faced with potential roadblocks. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing, evolving technology company and help drive exciting new initiatives. If you’re an organized, self-starter who lives for closing a deal, let’s chat!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies: passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation, then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s routinely voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
The role will focus on the following key areas:
• Negotiate global, complex vendor and customer contracts, including, subscription, software licensing and services arrangements, as well as, partner and alliance agreements.
• Partner to manage and negotiate vendor relationships and assist with building effective partnerships, while helping to lower costs and secure agreements.
• Act as an advisor to internal customers on a variety of legal matters.
• Help enable the business to execute on commercial changes by understanding and providing guidance on relevant legal and compliance issues.
• Aid in the adoption and execution of controls necessary to ensure compliance as an employer and third-party service provider, including drafting, reviewing, updating, and enforcing internal policies and procedures.
• As necessary, drive intellectual property protection and enforcement, including copyrights, trade secrets, and patents, as applicable.
• Assist with litigation matters, as necessary.
• Conduct research on a variety of legal issues and act as an expert on some key areas.
• Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
• A minimum of 3 years of experience negotiating complex software as a service, software licensing, professional services, and/or other technology transactions is required. 4+ years of related experience is preferred.
• Strong drafting skills.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws.
• Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of the team
• Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer orientation focus and success in creating a superior Customer Experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with the Management and Executive Team, and company employees.
• Demonstrated success in displaying passion, drive, adaptability and innovation.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Proficient in the MS Office Suite
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, growing organization.
• Strong track record of success in building solid working relationships within various areas/business functions of the company.
• Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
• Membership in the State Bar as an attorney qualified to practice law in the State of NJ, or eligible to become licensed as in-house counsel.