Univision is looking for a dynamic and creative Social Media Editor, Local who will be responsible for helping lead our real-time coverage of breaking news and distributing appropriately all content in order to maximize reach, relevance, engagement and traffic. Will work directly with senior editors to identify sources, material, and new angles in major stories. Other responsibilities include user engagement and tracking detailed analytics.
We're looking for a creative storyteller who can communicate in new formats through social media and grow audiences. Must be able to work quickly and independently, juggling multiple deadlines and assignments, supervising strategies in different local markets and to produce and distribute stories in different formats - photography, text, collages, short videos, GIFs made for the Univision website as well as for our social media networks. It must have flawless command of Spanish language.
• Ensures social best practices for all markets. Be the gatekeeper for social media standards across markets
• Identifies cross promotion and cross sharing opportunities
• Proposes engagement strategies and plans for local audiences
• Develops strategies for growth and engagement.
• Develop and execute social media strategy. This includes creating templates for social cards, visuals and setting standards for appropriate voice, formats depending on the social network.
• Liaison with social teams for Univision Noticias, Entretenimiento and Deportes
• Explores and trains in new formats and platforms
• Identifies and communicates to the team relevant trends and stories
• In charge of multimarket distribution on different platforms
• Distributes clipping in local markets to allow local digital producers to focus on original content production
• Devise and follow KPIs to measure social media growth and impact
• Pitch daily story ideas relevant to local stations
• Carefully craft shareable headlines and social media language.
• Handle or channel appropriately all interactions with users
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum 2+ years' experience in a newsroom, have demonstrable experience managing large-scale social media communities on behalf of a news brand, and experience with social analytics.
• Must have exceptional and flawless writing and communication skills in Spanish
• Experience working on a breaking news story, and be a news junkie
• Must be bilingual (Spanish-English) and have visual intelligence
• Knowledge of SEO is desired to increase the connection between exposure on social media and increased search rankings
Desired Skills & Experience
• BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience
• Understanding and proven track record of social media presence and strategies.
• Must be able to identify strong content on social media sites, and translate into on-air content.
• Ideal candidate will also be able to maximize reach for audience, by creating unique posts on behalf of the station, to our station accounts
• Candidates must possess strong communication and organizational skills
• Must be a team player with solid show/news content judgment. Requires knowledge of the Hispanic community and traditions
• Must be willing to work from office in Los Angeles, CA
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled