ABC10, the TEGNA station, located in Sacramento, CA has an immediate opening for a Host/Multi-Skilled Journalist. We're looking for great storytellers who can connect with an increasingly diverse audience on several platforms at once with genuine personality and immersive journalism. ABC10 is setting the bar on how local content is covered and delivered; we are not a TV station, we are an information network creating engaging content that takes our audience on a journey. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and video editing. Hosting includes reading written copy, ad-libbing a variety of live segments, and conducting live interviews on various platforms.
If you are a high energy collaborator bursting with ideas and the drive to turn them into great TV please apply to join the ABC10 team.
• Have a strong on-air presence and delivery skills.
• Candidate must have strong content judgement, strong writing and production skills.
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Write for the web and various social media platforms, including attaching images and streaming video.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
• Knowledge of journalistic standards as related to on-air, digital and social presentation.
• Must be a team player, comfortable with the pressures of a daily live show and creating daily content for various platforms.
• Ability to work occasional evening and weekend and station appearances required.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 2-5 years of experience preferred
• Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events