Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and Home Depot Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
• Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs all activities and personnel engaged in booking, marketing, maintaining and operating the arena and the events hosted at the arena
• Evaluates existing policies and procedures and recommends improvements which will better reflect the needs of the facility and/or improve the efficiency and safety of operations
• Oversees development of annual operating calendar, activity schedules, dates and hours of operations, projections for attendance and revenue
• Aggressively promotes the use of the facility to maximize its utilization and negotiates lease agreements as determined necessary and in the best interests of the facility
• Responsible for the development of standard operating procedures for all operational functions of the facility, e.g. marketing, finance, box office, maintenance, administration, and related areas. Responsible for using these standard operating procedures as the basis for an annual operating plan and corresponding operating manual
• Directs the development and sustains plans and programs, policies and procedures to promote the highest level of employee morale, safety and service, appearance and performance
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with civic organizations, city personnel, media, lessees, employees and the general public
• Directs the development and administers the execution of operating and marketing financial plans and documents; to include operating revenue and expense budgets; job hours budgets; capital expense plans and budgets
• Provides for control of day-to-day operations; assuring the coordination of plans, programs and events; conducts post-event operational and financial review and analysis
• Assures the coordination, implementation and administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by company directives, to include: matters of training and development; quality assurance; community contributions; employee suggestions; committee assignments
• Assures administration of personnel and operation of plant and facilities is conducted in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations (such as OSHA requirements)
• Responsible for recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating administrative and supervisory staff, including,
• Conducts marketing, budgeting and regular staff meetings;
• Determines and establishes organizational structure and personnel staffing requirements; imposes and directs the structure for effective and efficient utilization of personnel;
• Assures the development and maintenance of employee job descriptions, duties, responsibilities, and performance standards for all positions with provisions for timely and effective employee performance evaluations, and
• Liaises with Human Resources accordingly. Handles employee payroll and auditing.
• Responsible for administering all aspects of the management agreement between AEG and the client, including any reports, inventories, budgets or other deliverable items outlined in the agreement.
• Maintains regular and effective communication with the client.
• Responsible for vetting, maintaining, and contracting all vendor agreements
• Supervises maintenance, upkeep, repair, and renovation of interior and exterior of the facility and surrounding areas.
• Determines and supervises all event specific staffing requirements.
• Provides or coordinates for timely and effective response to directives and requests received from internal and external organizations, agencies, departments and individuals; assures and maintains integrity of the arena, client, division and the corporation in all forms of communication and personal contacts
• Directs all Information Technology and Telecommunications processes for the organization including, but not limited to, all servers, computers, telephone, email, website and service providers. Promotes the use of technologies in order to contain costs and improve efficiencies.
EVENT BOOKING AND MARKETING:
• Directs the procurement of activities and events; negotiates contracts and agreements with industry agents, promoters and AEG Facilities event booking department.
• Oversees all branding and marketing efforts, including sales collateral and show related marketing, not limited to- print, press, tradeshows, and the venue’s social media outlets.
• Interface with talent booking and marketing teams at CONSOL Energy Center and AEG Facilities to coordinate booking schedules, artist relationships, and ticket sale planning.
• Work with client and city leadership to develop and operate a regional sports commission with the purpose of attracting events to the arena.
• Develop new events for the arena. These would include new touring events-types not currently hosted at the arena. An emphasis is placed on creating new unique events for the arena, including sporting events (local, regional, national, and international), concerts, comedy, and family entertainment.
• Develop and manage a comprehensive program to maximize the use of meeting spaces and catering facilities within the arena.
BUDGET PREPARATION & REPORTING:
• Prepares and maintains required and necessary reports/records for the client, Sports and Exhibition Authority and/or AEG Facilities
• Implements and monitors a detailed program budget; supervises cost accounting required of events to include facility rental, ancillary revenue streams, and event related expenses.
• Prepare, implement and monitors a detailed operating budget and financial reporting system as outlined by AEG for all applicable revenues and expenses for the arena as directed by AEG Facilities
• Prepares and maintains required and necessary reports/records for the client, Sports Exhibition Authority and AEG Facilities
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS, SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must have proven history of leadership abilities
• Experience in developing new, or working with existing community sports authority or sports commissioners.
• Experience working with regional sports teams (scholastic, collegiate, professional) to develop events at an arena
• Demonstrated track record in forging relationships with community assets, including Convention and Visitors Bureaus, Chambers of Commerce, and local boards of directors. Active business community involvement.
• Must have proven track record of developing and managing budgets
• Must have ability to work under minimal supervision
• Must have 7-10 years of experience supervising management level and line level employees
• Experience/knowledge of overseeing all aspects of the operation of a major indoor NHL or NBA arena strongly preferred.
• Must have event sales & marketing experience
• Experience in supervising food and beverage operation experience preferred
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hour, as needed
• Perform additional duties at CONSOL Energy Center and/or for AEG Facilities as required by senior management.
• BS/BA Degree required or any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from accredited college or university or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Requisition #: AGF2397
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.