What part will you play and what will you be doing?
This producer is responsible for executing live segments, interviews and taped spots for CNN's morning show. The Producer I will lead in the control room and calmly handle breaking news situations. The producer needs strong editorial judgment to help generate compelling and creative segment ideas, and will be responsible for selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements.
The producer will:
• Provide oversight and creation of the show rundown, building segments and developing story ideas from beginning to air
• Write scripts, segment questions and conduct research on very tight deadlines
• Discuss segment elements and suggested questions with Anchor, Executive Producer and other show producers
• Gather elements for segments and prepares material for air, including editing of soundbites and graphics
• Make important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team
• Must be familiar with using social media to gather information and find booking opportunities
What do we need from you?
• 5+ years producing experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Field production experience and control room experience are necessary
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require