What part will you play?
Monolith Productions is looking to expand its Technical Art group with an Advanced Technical Artist focused on in game special effects. Join the award winning team at Monolith in creating cutting edge real-time visual effects for our next big gaming innovation, using our proprietary engine technology. We are looking for someone with a very strong technical Art background who has a passion for real-time FX. This role will run the gamut, from R&D work to final polish. We are looking for someone who has a strong technical background in FX, with a specific focus on shader writing and procedural content generation. If you are all about using cutting edge technology to create incredible fx, look no further!
• Working with the effects and engineering teams to build high end real-time 3d effects.
• Real-time special effects R&D.
• Support of FX Content workflows.
What do we require from you?
• Possesses expert knowledge of art composition principles such as color theory, layout, architecture, anatomy, physiology, perspective, proportion, form, lighting, texture, etc.
• Unsurpassed understanding of the content creation pipeline from design to implementation in the game engine. In depth understanding of Mesh generation, procedural content creation, surfacing, animation, and shader generation. Uses expert knowledge to establish vision within their area of ownership. Able to break down vision and provide standards and guidelines for team members.
• Applies top of industry expertise in creating complex technical and/or visual game content and systems which respect game performance and engine integration constraints. Expert with FX content management, optimization, and performance metrics. Comfortable with scripting to streamline processes or create new systems (e.g. Procedural fire) for the game. Works effectively across disciplines to analyze and solve the most complex and broad-reaching issues for the studio.
• Expert at researching, prototyping and creating new shaders, systems, pipelines, etc. Uses expert knowledge to assess feasibility, schedule, performance, etc. of new tools and systems. Establishes top of industry standards and develops effective integration plans with other disciplines or groups. Able to identify, implement and/or create industry leading best practices.
• Creates exceptional technical and functional specifications.
• Able to carry out the most complex tasks and produce work with an unsurpassed level of quality and efficiency without oversight.
• Is an expert with all relevant art and animation software suites. Demonstrates unsurpassed understanding of the mechanics of the art and animation software used in the studio and the relationship between the software and the engine.
• Expert level proficiency with multiple scripting and coding languages. Expert at creating highly complex systems to improve art and animation pipelines. Maintains an unparalleled understanding of existing proprietary software and tools through examination and analysis.
• Incomparable knowledge of applicable game engine and how it processes, blends and renders animations. Develops the most complex models and systems in the game engine and ensures fully-optimized in-game functionality.
• Ability to establish project taxonomy, file formats, naming conventions and source control parameters.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating your technical skills.
• 10 years’ experience in the industry.
• Contributed to several game titles that are recognized as having reached significant critical and/or commercial success.