Job Id: JR-11525
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
We are looking for an exceptional Lead Development Engineer who has experience building highly scalable event-driven data services that unlock excellent customer experience. You will have a significant influence on our overall strategy by helping to define and drive the system architecture and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality service. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical and highly innovative, and relish the opportunity to delight customers with pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
You're the ideal candidate if you are passionate about new opportunities and have a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products require exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You will have succeeded in delivering high-quality technology products/services and thrived in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
What the job is:
• Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products
• Helping to define and drive the system architecture and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality service
What a qualified candidate should possess:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 7+ years of industry experience
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for
commercial online services
• Experience leading and mentoring development teams
• 1+ years of Lead responsibilities
• Experience developing machine learning software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST-based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.