What part will you play?
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Technical Animator to help set the bar for high end console character animation. The ideal candidate would have strong foundational animation skills and experience developing animation pipelines, tools and rigs, all the way from motion capture to in-game implementation.
• Developing tools, defining best practices, character rigs, character skinning, and working with other internal teams to implement high quality character animation.
• Help drive the adaptation of new technology, tools and workflows with a forward looking goal of delivering industry leading animation.
• Produce in-game and cinematic animation content.
• Work with Lead Technical Artist, Art Development Director and Studio Art Director to establish and maintain a high quality bar for animation.
What do we require from you?
• 5+ years experience in the industry
• At least 1 published game
• At least 5+ years of experience with Maya and MotionBuilder is required.
• Experience with motion capture data and processing.
• In depth experience with creating and maintaining high end character rigs.
• Knowledge of scripting with MEL and Python.
• Experience with in-game animation systems.
• Experience with melee combat animation is a plus.
• Experience with engine based procedural animation techniques is a plus.
• The ability to research and develop forward thinking animation technology and tools.
• A strong foundation in character animation and anatomy.
• Experience with facial anatomy, rigging and FACS is a plus.
• Able to self-manage and meet deadlines while setting a professional and collaborative tone.
• Must have excellent communication and collaborative skills, coordinating and working with multiple departments to achieve set goals.
• Willingness to accept direction and redo/iterate work until it's right.
• Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games and technology to help drive our products to the next level.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating your technical skills
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.