What part will you play?
• A Senior Producer for CNN Tonight plays a pivotal role for our show team.
• This person must have exceptionally strong news judgment and decision making skills and be able to lead the show producers and live broadcast in breaking news situations when required.
• This person will serve in the control room, daily.
What will you be doing?
• The Senior Producer will help generate unique angles and creative ideas for each night's program, conceive and execute segments, edit questions and segments prepared for the anchor and help manage tape producers closely while working with the show's leadership and anchor.
• We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and flexible candidate with strong multi-tasking skills for our live prime time program.
• The Senior Producer will also work with correspondents on scripts and live shots and assist in planning for the next day's reports and guest segments.
• When the need arises, the ability to line produce the show is desirable.
• This person will also work closely with Rights and Clearances, the Affiliate Desk and assignment desks.
What do we need from you?
• 8+ years of news production or related experience
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Control room experience required
• Experience in show production and script review
• Live line producing and experience handling breaking news, a proven ability to work well under pressure and deadline
• Strong writing and production skills
• Outstanding judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
• Field producing experience strongly suggested
• Must be able work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require, our show airs at 10pm nightly.
But wait, there’s more!
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS