WAVY-TV10 and WVBT FOX43 in the Norfolk, VA,market seeks a results-driven Account Executive. This experienced sales professional must have a winning attitude and a desire to succeed! Responsibilities include managing agency business, new business generation, client relationship building, proposal preparation and presentation to a diverse customer base.
The position requires excellent communication, customer service, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be a people person who is responsible for developing large-scale new business clients and growing digital revenue!
The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 years of media sales experience. To be considered for this job you must apply online. Please remember to upload a copy of your cover letter and resume. Pre-employment background & DMV check.
Sells comprehensive media solutions to one or more local/regional/national accounts in a geographic territory to achieve sales targets and maximize revenues.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify, develop, and expand existing and new client relationships & key accounts.
• Maintain close communications at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, weekly projections & forecasting of future advertising.
• Conduct research on target markets and trends, and adjusts sales strategy accordingly.
• Ensure clear understanding and interpretation of client needs, and recommend appropriate solutions, in order to meet requirements.
• Develop short and long range plans for revenue growth.
• Negotiate advertising rates, create oral & written presentations; generate packages.
• Monitor accounts receivables.
• Research, analyze and monitor competitive media for new leads.
• Knowledge of online/digital and interactive advertising tools in order to advise advertisers and peer advertising sales representatives on the effective use of online/digital and interactive advertisements.
• Strong oral, problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy and show attention to detail.
• Must be a confident, flexible, multi-tasker, and be able to work independently.
• Knowledge of Nielsen ratings is helpful.
Bachelor's degree preferred with an emphasis in Business/Marketing or Communications. Sales related experience preferred.
Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Extensive travel and long work hours will be required. A valid driver's license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.