iHeartMedia is hiring an engineering team member in Jacksonville, FL and is seeking a responsible technical/broadcast orientated person for a full time position.
• Assist fellow technicians and service personnel in the support of software, hardware, and related 3rd party peripheral components, including but not limited to: servers, desktops, laptops, printers, switches, KVMs, and various radio broadcast equipment, including automation systems.
• Utilize internal ticket system to document and resolve user issues as well as work with external technical support as needed.
• Troubleshoot and resolve end user issues such as email, printing, connectivity, etc.
• Install new servers, laptops, desktops, and radio broadcast equipment.
• Backup and restore data on servers and other critical systems using scripts and software imaging tools.
• Participates in maintaining various types of electronic equipment for optimum transmission and/or broadcast performance with scalability, performance and reliability.
• Tests faulty electronic components and circuits to locate defects and applies knowledge of electronic systems to diagnose causes of malfunction.
• Responds promptly to client needs; troubleshoots problems to ascertain issue and develops solutions in a timely manner.
• Implements planned maintenance support (e.g. installs tools, applies upgrades, etc.) as a preventative/precautionary measure.
• Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
• Interacts with technical team to resolve issues, assist with troubleshooting, etc.
• May participate in after-hours production/deployment/releases.
• May serve as after-hours support on call rotation for service trouble incidents.
• Some travel from Jacksonville, FL to the Brunswick, GA facility will be required as needed.
• Have knowledge of computer network, computer hardware, and software troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of basic electrical and electronic components is a plus.
• Can gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Experience with the following components: Windows operating systems, remote access applications (VNC, Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, etc.), network technologies, systems security, and network monitoring tools.
• Previous broadcast experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of radio automation systems is a plus.
• Proven experience in group problem-solving situations; strong analytical skills.
• Independence; ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
• Stress tolerance, especially when dealing with tight timeframes and difficult and/or emotional client situations.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload under deadlines in a fast-paced environment; can escalate appropriately.
• Compelling detail orientation with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving, following up until issues are resolved.
• Ability to read, and interpret technical documentation, and follow directions precisely.
• Work varied shifts and have your own transportation.
• Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to communicate at detailed technical level as well as to distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates; can edit work for spelling and grammar.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in general information technology
• Radio background a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology and/or equivalent experience
• None required
• Microsoft certifications are a plus
• Cisco certifications are a plus