Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home decor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art.
Disney Publishing Worldwide develops original, award-winning content (both Disney and non-Disney branded), including Disney books, magazines and comic books. Its products are printed in more than 85 languages across 103 countries, and it is considered the largest publisher of children’s books and magazines in the world.
• Produce the audio for a variety of projects. This includes booking and coordination of sound design, dialog, and music resources, as well as some hands-on sound editorial production.
• Create preliminary schedules for the audio development of a fast-growing app and ebook list. (We will produce approximately 30 apps and 10 ebooks in fiscal 2012.). Consider turnaround time for app creation, review, revisions, and approvals by staff, other divisions and outside providers.
• Suggest resource allocations and project assignments for in-house and external audio resources.
• Work closely with project managers and producers to monitor progress and ensure milestones and deadlines are met, and work to resolve bottlenecks and resource constraints.
• Use web-based software tools to update status/production reports, schedules, and tracking software on a title-by-title basis.
• Lead audio status reporting in production meetings; attend and participate in appropriate launch and strategy meetings.
Day to Day activities:
• Serve as the principal conduit between Audio department and:
1 Other Disney line of business partners (Animation Studios, Channel, Pixar, etc)
2 Third party audio vendors for voice recording, music composition and recording, foley & sound effects
3 Third party developers of apps, enhanced ebooks, and audiobooks
• Coordinate review and approvals for audio elements in all apps, enhanced ebooks, audio books, and custom projects:
1 Internal reviews with Audio Director, Director of Creative, Producers, Editors, and other stakeholders
2 External review with DCV, WDR, and LOBs
3 Performs first pass review on all audio elements and apps/ebooks/audiobooks
• Work with business affairs to ensure that all contracts, rights, and licenses are accounted for and up to date.
• As department responsibilities grow, coordinate development of audiobooks, including travel and recording arrangements for professional voice actors and authors.
• Work for Audio Director to edit and process dialog, music, and sound effects files for apps and enhanced ebooks. Fill in on additional audio production tasks when needed, including editing, recording, and batch processing.
• Receive, track, process, and integrate sound assets from both internal and external sources.
• Book and communicate with external studios and sound production facilities to create audio assets.
• Manage all audio project libraries, maintaining high-resolution audio libraries for use across Disney projects and products.
• 5 years of experience in post-production and project management in feature film, animation, television, or relevant field.
• Some experience with technical tools of audio editing and mixing, including Pro Tools and audio equipment. Will train the right candidate.
• Experience in script supervision, recording, and handling of audio assets.
• Technical understanding of basic principles of software development with respect to audio, including file formats and resolution, batch processing, naming conventions, directory structures, and version control systems.
• Experience in the development of interactive products a big plus. Preference will be given to development of mobile products (apps or mobile web).
• Experience dealing with international language localization, both process and deployment, a big plus
Job Posting Industries Publishing
Disney Book Group, LLC
Be sure to take time to explore all the exciting Disney Consumer Products lines of business at http://www.DCPCareers.com and read about the variety of people who have made DCP the success it is today.
Auto req ID 80124BR