KCCI-TV, the CBS affiliate and Hearst Television station in Des Moines, Iowa has an immediate opening for a full-time Promotion writer/producer in the Creative Services team. Daily responsibilities include writing and producing daily topical promotion for our evening and late news. Other duties may also include producing image promotion for KCCI 8.1 and digital sister station, MeTV Des Moines, staffing of promotional station events and the maintaining of promotional traffic inventory.Responsibilities:Job Responsibilities:
- Create daily topical promotion
- Create image promotion for MeTV Des Moines
- Maintain promotion traffic inventory
- Successful candidate will have a passion for news and will be able to demonstrate the ability to write superior, compelling conversational and well-branded copy, while being creative and strategic.
- Must be a good communicator and able to juggle tasks as this position will collaborate with news, promotion and production departments.
- Successful candidate will have the ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
To apply:To Apply:
- Some non-linear editing using Adobe Creative Suite and videography is a must.
- Prior Newsroom and Wide Orbit experience preferred.
Interested candidates should send a resume along with demo reel to: Nick Allard, Creative Services Director, 888 9th Street, Des Moines, IA 50309 or email: Nallard@hearst.com. No Phone calls, please.