CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 250 million people visiting its properties each month, it is a top 10 Web property globally and a top 5 Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Product Marketing Manager coordinates the packaging, development, implementation, and evaluation of revenue-generation programs focused around CNET with a focus around Downloads and Video marketing programs.
The Product Marketing Manager drives customer needs into new features, new services, and new programs, balancing the needs of the business unit’s revenue goals with the need to maintain product integrity and user interests. The product marketing manager will be responsible for helping to develop transformative marketing programs around key endemic categories.
• Derive relevant insights by gathering market, product and client feedback -- leveraging company and third-party resources as appropriate. Know what clients want. Know what works on our sites.
• Partner with Sales and Product teams to build advertising products on the foundation of those insights.
• Balance needs of advertisers with needs of users to deliver programs that work for the business overall. This includes revenue strategy, inventory optimization, pricing, packaging and user experience.
• Specify needs for product development, design and functionality. Define technical requirements and write specifications for product marketing programs.
• Manage the execution of projects from inception to reporting, including outlining roles and responsibilities for other teams and creating integrated timelines to ensure alignment across the team.
• Help evolve our product mix, with particular focus on Content Marketing, Mobile, and Social.
• Build strong working relationships with coworkers, customers (internal and external), and company management to ensure that products are built and executed efficiently.
• Enable Sales to effectively tell the stories of our products. Develop sales-related tools and presentations including sales collateral (1-sheets, brochures, product demos), client CRM (client newsletters, extranets), and ad research.
• Serve as a product expert to sales and clients; actively participating in the communication of product features and benefits to internal and external audiences.
• Enable constant learning about what works through partnership with Business Intelligence and Research departments.
• Minimum of 5+ years of marketing or product marketing. Client-side Marketing, advertising agency, or online publishing experience a plus within technology industry.
• Understanding of digital media buying and campaign execution process.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tell stories rather than just presenting information.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to generate credibility, trust and respect throughout the company.
• Ability to synthesize data into insight, and insight into strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise broad judgment and flexibility in balancing project requirements, meeting milestones, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule.
• Previous experience launching products and measuring/maintaining key metrics.
Auto req ID 13131BR