Requisition ID: 15685
The Media Operations Technician will be responsible for ingesting, transcoding, reviewing, and duplicating media to fulfill content delivery and distribution needs for Discovery Communications LLC. They will maintain the database that supports Operational functions and insure proper data integrity into that system. Duties will include but are not limited to: identifying and entering segment and other ancillary data, identifying and entering audio track assignments, monitoring the ingest process, supporting time compression of program materials, encoding and transcoding media, processing tape-to-tape and tape-to-file requests, reporting issues and concerns via email and phone, evaluating incoming content, and insuring content is properly staged for entry into downstream processes. Other duties as assigned.
1. Content Ingest and Metadata Input
2. Media Creation (encode, transcode, conversion, tape-to-tape)
3. Evaluation of Assets
4. Reporting and Correspondence
• 2 to 3 years experience (or equivalent education plus experience) with various encoding processes, editing and signal routing in broadcast environment is highly desirable.
• Must have strong knowledge of video tape machines and formats.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to those issues to outside vendors and non-technical departments.
• Knowledge of television signals (analog and digital video/audio) as well as all technical formats (NTSC, PAL, and all HD frame-rates).
• Must be able to work independently.
• Knowledge of the multiple codecs and wrappers supporting VOD, Online and DVD
• Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Windows XP, Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook experience a must.
• Must be able to prioritize workloads and handle multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• Must maintain professional attitude, demeanor and relationship with DCI management, co-workers and staff at all times.
• This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.