Are you looking for a fun, fast-paced atmosphere that you can thrive and develop your professional skills? Argus Leader Media, a Gannett Co., Inc., is the local media company where you want to work. We work hard. We play hard. How do we succeed? We succeed by having top talent and continually investing in training to encourage professional growth. Argus leader Media is home to sales executives, journalists, marketing masterminds, digital experts, number crunchers and so much more!
Sales executives are essential to our success and the success of Sioux Falls and other regional businesses. A true passion for helping businesses grow as well as a consultative approach is what we expect. As a regional automotive sales executive, you will utilize a suite of products to include cars.com, SEO, PPC, SEM, email marketing, mobile marketing, social media, web development, digital display, retargeting and print advertising. The ability to get in front of others and speak to Argus Leader Media and Gannett’s product portfolio is a necessity in this role.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
• Work with the best: We’ll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
• Do good here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
• Go big: We’ll equip you with the region’s best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
• Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
• Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
• You’re a battle¬tested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
• When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
• You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
• You’re the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
• You’re a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
• You’re a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
• You graduated college with an impressive GPA and an extracurricular life.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
• History of driving results
• Ability to think and act strategically
Strong two-way communication skills
• Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
Here's what you need:
• A desire to want to know about the media industry, our competitors and the ability to create a value proposition for presenting and closing solutions.
• Being digitally savvy, demonstrated track record of collaborating with others, and proactive community networking; working to serve the greater good in our community.
• Effective team player.
• Ability to provide personal transportation and a valid driver’s license
• and successfully complete a drug screening and background check.
• If you live within 75 miles of Sioux Falls along the I-29 corridor, no relocation would be required.
What would be a plus?
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent work-related experience along with two or more years in a client-facing sales role.
• Previous knowledge/experience of automotive industry.
• Digital Advertising Experience: SEO, SEM, PPC, google AdWords, etc.
• Understanding of SalesForce or similar CRM tool.
Here’s what we have to offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
• Life Insurance
• 401(K) Saving Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Company Holidays
• Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
• Employee Discount Program
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post offer drug screen and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
Argus Leader Media, a Gannett Co., Inc. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that include a 401(k) plan and eligibility for medical, dental and vision coverage the first of the month after hire.
Requisition Number 89808