This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 24 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
As part of the Systems Integration and Engineering Project Management Office, this position is a key member of the team responsible for project coordination. The project coordinator supports all NBCSG Engineering groups enabling efficient project execution.
• Assist in projects from inception to completion through all steps of the project management process – requirements gathering, design, implementation, launch, and transition to maintenance.
• Working with ops, maintenance, and management to complete projects on time and on budget.
• Quickly research items online, through OEMS, and on the phone to be ordered for pricing, availability, and delivery lead-time. Also research and recommend other options for equipment. Present options and gain consensus with project manager.
• Enter orders into OEMS, track approvals and follow up, answer questions, work with sourcing on PO creation, and document and track ordering in MS Excel. Work with Techlog to ensure orders are received physically by opening boxes, identifying parts, and ensuring correct delivery in the building and in OEMS, ensure delivery and/or deliver to project area.
• Ensure up to date tracking on the financial tracking sheet of project expenses, receiving, and miscellaneous spending. Communicate any risks or issues with PM. Diligent tracking of end of quarter and end of year receiving. Running SAP/OEMS reports and keeping detailed logs of all orders and receipts
• Keep abreast of digital media workflows and technologies to support such workflows, specifically in editing, graphics and studios. Identifies and suggests new technologies and solutions to operational problems.
• Complete configuration and setup for special projects involving desktop editing on Avid as well as modular product configuration. Assistance with configuration, setup and testing on major initiatives such as BPL, FNIA, NHL and Olympics.
• Coordinate Engineering departmental needs as required to support ongoing operations (meeting planning, parts ordering, supplies ordering, etc)
• Proficiency and experience in ordering and tracking systems (ie SAP, OEMS) Proficiency with MS Office (particularly MS Excel and macros, MS Outlook, MS Word),
• Exposure to and experience with Avid editing platforms, digital file workflows – ingest, encode, transcode, delivery; Control room and studio operations, as well as ingest and transmission.
• Ability to lift equipment (up to 50 lbs), ability to push/pull hand carts
• Ability to coordinate OEMS input for group without restriction to length of time sitting
• Strong desire to learn and grow beyond the basic job requirements along with interest in teleproduction technologies as well as the emerging convergence with IT technologies
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Communications/Production Degree preferred BA/BS
"Note: The direct apply link below seems to randomly have issues. If you get an error message, go to http://www.nbcunicareers.com/ and search for this job using requisition #26874BR .- WIS Member Support"