SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Distributing Inc. seeks a Vice President, Marketing Analytics for the Executive department. The VP, Marketing Analytics develops and promotes data-informed decision making across Warner Bros. Pictures. More specifically, this person contributes to strategic and tactical decisions on all theatrical releases by leveraging information and models she/he develops, validates, and maintains, in order to ensure WBP’s competitiveness in the marketplace.
• Leads a new audience intelligence initiative at Warner Bros. Pictures (WBP).
• Innovates through projects and experiments conducted internally and externally with outside partners and/or various departments across WBE.
• Develops digital marketing efficiencies to maintain the competitiveness of WBP.
• Ensures quality of overall data (syndicated and proprietary) used throughout the organization, determines which data are meaningful, and translates data for various audiences/clients.
• Advises MIS on data systems/infrastructure needs.
• Discovers and tests new suppliers of data and analytics for marketing efforts.
• Accesses and leverages syndicated and proprietary data from across the organization.
• Determines audience segments using demographic, behavioral, and psychographic data.
• Evaluates, consolidates, and interprets data streams from YouTube, Google, Twitter, Flixster, Facebook, and other social sources.
• Manages and allocates budget.
• Represents WB at relevant conferences as a speaker or guest.
• Develops various presentations and reports for senior executives.
• Works closely with Research, Media, Creative and Digital Marketing to optimize each area based on key real-time findings from their analysis.
• Collaborates with teams across Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBP Distribution, WBTV, DCE, WBHE, WBIE, WB Corporate Strategy) and Time Warner (HBO, Turner, TW Corporate).
• Miscellaneous projects as assigned (5 year planning, future of market studies, etc.).
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Degree in Communications, Marketing, Math strongly preferred.
• MBA/MS in Research, Math, Statistics preferred.
• 10 years experience in the entertainment industry and/or information technology dealing with key decision makers.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations for marketing activity.
• Entertainment research experience required.
• Must have analytic and database software experience.
• Must have the ability to take a strategic consultative approach.
• Must be an innovator that has demonstrated ability to experiment with new methods and processes.
• Must have strong presentation skills in order to communicate presentations to senior executives throughout the studio.
• Strong skills in math, spelling, grammar and English usage required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Some travel (domestic) required.