The producer is responsible for creating promotional material and creative content across the Kids and General Entertainment brands in the UK and Nordic region. As a more experienced, more senior member of the team, the producer is there to pro-actively help the CM and CD and advise less experienced members as necessary. They must be capable of working across a broad range of genres and projects at any one time and able to deliver creative excellence consistently. They must be good at developing relationships, within and without department ensuring excellent communication with stakeholders from Programming, Presentation, Marketing and the Design Team.
• Participating in Brainstorms, Creating Concepts & Budgeted Proposals. The pre-producing side of the role, demands that the Producer take each brief on merit, evaluate and research. Brainstorm for creative ideas, employing either solo or group techniques. They then need to competently work up these treatments for approval by the Creative Manager or Creative Director, before finally getting the preferred concept budgeted for cost and resource
• Editing: Sourcing and selecting clips from Turner-owned and licensed content, to then creatively cut together into engaging promotional content for the channels. Through their experience they will be aware of a variety of editing techniques and current trends, and skilled enough editors to employ these as required
• Script Writing: As every piece of creative content requires a script, the importance of good scriptwriting can not be underestimated. The Producer must be able to write cleverly and lucidly in a manner that resonates best with audience. With both Kids and Entertainment brands to write for, the Producer needs to employ a broad set of writing styles and vocabulary
• Directing talent: This relates to internal as well as external talent, whether designers or junior team members. Plus, Regularly direct voice-over artists to deliver on-brand reads for promos and continuity. Will also, be called upon on occasions to direct in-vision talent, whether that is a presenter for continuity or actors in other creative content
• Working with Designers and Audio Engineers: The Producer is required to collaborate with Designers and Engineers to get the very best out of each project. They need to understand that this is a two way process and have the competency to allow them to do their job, whilst still keeping a firm creative handle on the project.
• Final Delivery: The Producer is responsible for creating their own endpages and ensuring that this information is accurate and correct. They must lay back each element correctly so that Presentation and Ingest are able to ensure the scheduling aspect is accurate. It is also the Producer's responsibility to make sure that once creatively approved, key stakeholders see the finished creative.
• GCSE English and Maths
• Ideally 3-5 years in promo creation
• Awareness and passion for both kids TV and general entertainment
• Experience using Premiere Pro
• Experienced in directing