At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora is seeking a highly motivated, proactive attorney for a unique opportunity to join the Product function of the Business Transactions Group. The right person for this position must be a team player with highly collaborative interpersonal skills. This individual will take pride in personal excellence, display a high level of confidence, energy and possess a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities. This is a great opportunity to take the lead in addressing critical issues in an exciting, fast-paced and fun company. This position is based in Oakland, CA and will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel – Product & Data Use.
The candidate will provide practical legal advice and counseling on a full range of product-related issues that arise domestically and internationally, focusing on issue-spotting, risk mitigation, and remediation. This role will also ensure that the Company complies with relevant laws and rules by monitoring trends in the tech industry, regulatory environment, and practices among peer companies, and counseling clients accordingly. The individual in this role is expected to work closely with clients to understand their needs and help them meet business goals.
Specific tasks will include:
• Partner with members from the Product Management team throughout the product development lifecycle to drive and document compliance with the law and our policies, with an eye toward mitigating risk.
• Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Engineering, Product Management, and Advertising Sales, summarizing and communicating concepts those folks can apply.
• Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with intellectual property, privacy, content, consumer protection and advertising.
• Review, draft, and negotiate technology licenses and other similar agreements.
• Demonstrate successful ability to integrate and work well with legal, product management, engineering, and other internal business partners
• Engage with outside counsel as appropriate.
• A JD degree from a nationally recognized, top-tier law school.
• Technical-related undergrad degree (preferred).
• Knowledge or comfort with open source, data use, and ad technology, or at least a willingness to learn and adapt (strongly preferred).
• Admission to the State Bar of California (preferred).
• A minimum of 3 years of technology-related legal experience gained from either a top-tier law firm or in-house at a technology company.
• A flexible self-starter who is willing to dig-in and learn.
• Excellent project management skills and sound judgment in interacting with internal business clients.
• Possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, and analytic skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally with all levels of management regarding complex legal issues.
• Candidate must work well with a variety of different personalities.
• Demonstrated client service orientation; able to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
• Ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems.
• Proven ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Team player willing to take on new projects and assignments as the department grows.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com