Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Online (WDPRO), a division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class immersive experiences for premier vacation brands including Walt Disney World®, Disneyland Resort®, Hong Kong Disneyland®, Disney Cruise Line®, and Adventures by Disney®. WDPRO has offices in Los Angeles, Anaheim, Hong Kong, and Orlando where we design and develop results-driven online applications and marketing web sites.
Walt Disney Parks and Resort Online DevOps Engineers analyze, create and deliver innovative solutions to create organizational efficiencies through automation and technology innovation. It is the mission of the DevOps team to deliver services and solutions that ensure the quality of our products and provide the best guest experience. We have a strong team environment that works together to uphold our passion for quality and guest experience. We consistently review and adopt new technologies to support our exciting project assignments. The DevOps engineering team is an integral part of the project delivery team working directly with Technical Leads, Software Engineers and QA Engineers to make the magic happen.
As the technical arm of the Quality Assurance team, you will work closely with the delivery teams to create automated solutions that will both increase the overall quality of the deliverable and increase development efficiency. You will utilize your software skills to create build and test harnesses, work with infrastructure automation technologies, deliver in-depth analysis reports, and use public cloud infrastructure offerings. All Automation solutions will have to handle various environments, various versions of applications, and be able to run unattended with adequate feedback upon error.
Candidate should have a passion for quality and automated solutions. You should be proactive in seeking out information with regards to the most current technology standards, frameworks and methodologies used within the industry and apply the knowledge to the assigned project.
• Currently enrolled in a 4 year program at the Junior or Senior level, in Computer Science, Web Development or related degree
• Java Development Experience
• xUnit Test Solutions (JUnit, PHPUnit, TestNG)
• Build Technologies (Ant and Maven)
• Knowledge of Internet development technologies and frameworks
• Continuous Integration Tools (Bamboo, Hudson)
• Comfortable using Unix/Linux OS
• Common Scripting Languages (Shell, Python)
• Analytical skills as they relate to application development
• Functional Test Solutions (Selenium, JBehave)
Job Posting Industries
• Digital / Interactive
• Leisure and Travel
• Theme Park Destinations
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall), or have graduated within the last 6 months prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2013 through August/Sept. 2013. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
The deadline to apply for this internship is November 23, 2012.
Attention International Students:
If you are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 Visa and do not have a Social Security number, please contact our office at 407-828-1736 PRIOR to applying.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed on November 23.
Internship Program Type
Auto req ID 65513BR