Serves as a key member of the Corporate Affairs department on the West Coast, which includes corporate communications, community investment, sustainability, and internal communications for NBCUniversal by supporting the day-to-day operations of the team. Works with Vice President to administrate the company’s corporate affairs initiatives and ongoing projects. Qualified candidate will also act as a backup assistant to the Senior Vice President.
• Handles heavy phone activity, relays detailed messages and provides administrative support to the Vice President, Corporate Affairs and overall department.
• Coordinates and schedules meetings and presentations (using MS Outlook calendaring system) including sending attendee invitations, handling logistical details (directions, parking, travel itineraries, ordering meals and/or equipment), gathering and preparing necessary presentation materials). Uses initiative to schedule appointments and meetings based on personal knowledge of workload and priorities.
• Screen telephone calls, visitors, letters, and answer routine questions. Use judgment to handle inquiries from vendors, candidates, and employees to resolve concerns/issues, as necessary.
• Handles confidential information with discretion.
• Keeps team apprised of all breaking news and monitor for relevant coverage throughout the day.
• Assists in multiple capacities with special projects, such as the community screenings, employee activities, and special events.
• Consistently updates and maintains general Corporate Affairs Events calendar and distributes to members of Corporate Affairs team.
• Performs general administrative tasks (copying, scanning, mailing, ordering office supplies, requesting visitor badges, etc.).
• Prepares Travel & Expense Reports and ensures all T&Es are submitted on time and reimbursement was made.
• Manages digital video and photograph files.
• Organizes and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Assists with charitable ticket requests.
• Supports charitable payment process for department.
• Provides computer support for company’s charitable donations tracking program.
• Helps administer the Globe Partner Pass Program.
• Supports school and volunteer projects, as needed.
• Draft and distribute community notifications.
• Tracks company-wide volunteer program.
• Drafts editorial content for newsletters, websites and emails.
• Supports employee events, as needed.
• Manages executive lists for external and internal requests.
• Supports content development and management of lot-wide digital screen program.
• Updates intranet site, as needed.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Keynote a
• Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle several tasks simultaneously.
• Must have experience managing/tracking budgets.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be strong team player and be willing to assist organization in various tasks
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Minimum 2 years office experience
• Excellent computer skills
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple tasks and maintaining a professional attitude
• Superior organizational skills and strong multi-tasking abilities
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Proactive in keeping abreast of industry developments and company news
• Self-starter, able to initiate projects and see them through to completion
• Make recommendations about tasks and executes them with minimal direction
• Excellent decision-making capabilities
• Solid leadership and team-building skills
• Prior corporate communications or publicity experience